Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Sonam Kapoor in a comic role for the first time!

We have never seen Sonam Kapoor do any comic roles on-screen and for the first time in Nupur Asthana’s romantic-comic which is produced by YashRaj Films, she will trying her hand in the comic genre.
And it was her dad Anil Kapoor’s friend and colleague Rishi Kapoor who helped Sonam get her comic timing right. Enthuses the Raanjhanaagirl, “Rishi uncle is such a fine actor. I’ve learnt so much from him. My comic timing in the film was taught to me by him. I am not  allowed to say much about it. But Nupur is one of the nicest people I’ve worked with. Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, Aanand Rai and now Nupur are the directors who have really given me  a lot of confidence as an actor. Being a female director Nupur makes me feel very beautiful.”
Sonam admits she has been learning acting on the job. “I am not a trained actor. I learnt the basics of acting while doing Saawariya with Sanjay. So he was my acting guru. I don’t follow any technique. I just flow with my character and surrender myself to the director. That’s what I did inRaanjhanaa too. It was both exhilarating and terrifying. Because I really didn’t know where I was heading. I love my job. I love acting and keep pushing myself to improve. I am a very positive person. I don’t want to be the No. 1 star. I just want to be known as a good actor. Every director I’ve worked with has helped me grow as an actor. 
Saawariya with Sanjay, Delhi 6 with Rakeysh Mehra were important, so were I Hate Luv Stories and Aisha.”
While most people dismiss Sonam as a fashionista, she says, “I love dressing up. I like to put on beautiful clothes. For me it is important to look my best. It’s part of the way I am. But it’s also an image, and an image that I hold precious to my heart. I don’t make an effort to be considered fashionable. I think a partiality towards tasteful dressing comes  naturally to me.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment