Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Dharmendra believes drinking habit destroyed his career!

Who would have thought Dharmendra would realise his shortcomings at such a stage? He’s about 77 years old now and believes that it was his drinking habit that destroyed his career as an actor! If only realisation had kicked in early! Dharmendra quit drinking in 2011 because of his deteriorating health.
Well, the veteran actor turned a film producer in the recent past. He had produced a film Yamla Pagla Deewana in 2011 which starred him along with his sons Bobby and Sunny. Now, the film’s sequel Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 is ready and will hit the screens this week!
Talking about it, he said, “I don’t drink these days. I had destroyed myself as an actor with my drinking habit in the past. I believe in humanity now and have learnt the business of filmmaking. We three (Sunny, Bobby and I) worked really hard for this film. We are leaving no stone unturned for the promotions.”
The prequel, which had Dharmendra and Bobby as con-men, was a blockbuster hit. For the sequel, Dharmendra auditioned many girls to cast opposite Sunny Deol and finally zeroed in upon Kristina Akheeva, an Australian model who’s now based in India. “We auditioned many girls for playing Sunny’s love interest in the film. We found beautiful Kristina Akheeva for him and I got jealous. I really wanted to play his character so that I could have romanced her,” Dharmendra said.
Previously, the trio (Dharmendra, Sunny and Bobby) were seen in the highly emotional family drama Apne which was their home-production, literally. The film bombed at the box-office and that is when Dharmendra decided to come up with a commedy franchise.
“We three came together on-screen for the first time with Apne. People liked our film but they said it was too emotional. So, I thought that next time we will do a comedy film and make my audience laugh,” he said.
While the movie is yet to release, Dharmendra has said that he would come up with another sequel if this is received well. No prizes for guessing the name of the third part!

0 comments:

Post a Comment